Although this is called Summer Turkey Salad, it certainly can be made at any time of the year. I call it my summer turkey salad because I always use up my BOGO turkey from the holidays in the summer by slow roasting it in a countertop roaster at 200 degrees for 24 hours and it always comes out perfect for salads, soups or whatever! I wait for the bird to cool off then I pull it apart and shred the meat with my fingers – super easy.
1 turkey breast, cooked and shredded
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 – .5 oz. bag dried cherries
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tbsp dried basil
2 tbsp dried parsley
2 cups mayonnaise
2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup red, white wine or champagne vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
Batch of Spring greens mix for serving.
In a large bowl combine the turkey, green onions, cherries, and pecans – stir to mix well.
In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, basil, parsley, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper – stir well to combine and pour over the turkey.
5 red peppers
1 cup wholegrain rice
1 onion, chopped
1 small zucchini, finely diced
16 oz can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Halve 4 of the peppers lengthways, de-seed and place on a large baking tray.
3. Cook the rice in salted, boiling water according to instructions then drain.
4. Meanwhile, fry the onion in 1 tbsp oil for 5 mins. Finely dice the remaining pepper and add to the onions with the zucchini and cook for 2-3 mins. Stir in the tomatoes, season well and cook for a further 5 mins.
5. Stir the rice into the vegetable mixture and spoon into the halved peppers. Top with the breadcrumbs and bake for 15-20 mins until browned.
Why not glitz upÂ your holidays with glittered faux pumpkins!Â These beautiful holiday accents transcend holidays – I use them for Halloween and carry them right over to Thanksgiving.Â Hand glittered to last a lifetime, these faux pumpkins will truly bring you a lifetime of celebrations!Â You can choose your glitter color, sizes are below:
8 ears corn, husked and kernels removed
4 tbsp butter
6 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp thyme
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
6 oz feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
4 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
In a large frying pan, heat butter and half the olive oil. Add garlic and thyme, sautÃ© for one minute. Add green onions and corn, sautÃ© for 3-4 minutes. Remove from stove, pour into a bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl mix together the other half olive oil, tomatoes, feta and basil.
Once corn mixture has come to room temperature, add tomato mixture – season with salt and pepper. Taste to adjust seasonings and serve.